Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Holy Moly

First off...it has been forever since I blogged! Sheesh, the holidays. They came and went so fast I can't believe it!



Second...can't believe it is 2008. I am still writing 2007 on my checks....hopefully soon I will catch on! Yikes!



We had a FAB Christmas and a very fun New Years! We went to Canada for Christmas and had way to much fun....ate way to much good food, and played way to much. It was hard to come home! We went up in the hills and got a real Christmas tree....was pretty fun...very cold so we were not that picky. Ended up being a really pretty tree!!! We took Randy's brother Jeff with us to Canada for Christmas. He just moved back to the big island from Hawaii and has been taking care of the folks place whilst they are on their mission. It was fun to have him along...I think he is sick of us for awhile! Poor guy!!!





We had a fun New Years party. I am still the Stake Young Women's President so my New Years was spent at the church preparing for and carrying out a two Stake Youth party, for kids age 12-18. It was a lot of work to get it ready. We did all kinds of fun stuff...had these huge inflatable toys, Sumo wrestling suits, lots of video games, had a DJ and karaoke, played Fear Factor....and had a TON of raffle stuff that we gave away all night long! The night was topped of by a balloon drop (that took about 5 hours to prepare....phew) and just after midnight we drew for the Ipod Nano. We had about 300 kids there and they had a blast!!!! It was very successful and my own kids had a very fun time!!!



Since then...just been busy with Mitch and basketball, Sydney and piano/voice lessons and Tyler and basketball. Phew. Being a Mom is a busy job!!! I have also been subbing at a couple different elementary schools to bring in some extra $$$. Fun fun!



Here's to a happy and healthy 2008 to all my blogging friends!!!!



Cheers!!!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Look at you~you look completely at home in Canada in your camo. I love it! Sounds like you had a great time. The New Years Dance sounds like a blast~what a TON of work. You went all out~*I* would have wanted to be there! How fun to be subbing elementary! Have you gotten Tyler's class yet? C'mon, how come you're not doing middle and high school?!? ;) Love ya!

JeNeale said...

It's good to know you're out there and staying busy. I thought maybe you were just sitting around being bored (JK--I know better). Thanks for all the work on the NY party. My kids had a blast. Good job!

Kristyn said...

you are alive still!! good thing. sounds like Christmas was a blast. still wish we could have seen you. oh, well such is life right. glad to get caught up on all that you are doing. you are one busy women!!

Bonnie said...

Nice to see a new post on your site! It was good to see you tonight. Hope you like your hair. Can't wait to cut it short!

Carrie K said...

hello my girly! so fun to see you on my blog :)

sounds like you had a great holiday!

loved seeing all your scrappiness...