Thursday, May 22, 2008

Good Kids

Ok...so we have been blessed to have a good week in the Parker household this week. I am not trying to jinx us by any means....hopefully it will keep up!!!














Last night Mitch had his track awards banquet. He got an award for breaking the Freshman record at Vallivue High School. The old record was 9'6" and he jumped 11'6". So...he was pleased with that. He also earned his varsity letter for track. Pretty good for a freshman!!! We are super proud of him. He was disappointed he did not qualify for the State meet...but WE are very proud of how he did this year!!!
















Sydney has been working all week on a project for Social Studies. Her topic was China. They were given the opportunity to do a 3-D type project as "extra credit" and she jumped at the chance...here is what she made! They turned out pretty dang cute if I do say so myself. I know Sushi is probably more Japanese...but we did find some Chinese Sushi so it is not too far of a stretch! She was tickled pink!!!


ok....and it is not real sushi. They are made from rice krisie treats and gummy worms, Swedish fish and yogo rollers! I seriously doubt I could get her to even come within 50 feet of REAL sushi!!!













12 comments:

Mama Runner Parker said...

That all sounds great! Congrats, Mitch. Keep it up. The picture of Mitch and Trap brings back A LOT of memories. I'm pretty sure I have one just like it except I'm standing where Mitch is. What a great coach.
Again, congrats to all of you. Sydney's project looks great. Does she eat Sushi?

Lynette said...

ok Kayla...had to edit my post to include that it is not real sushi!!! Sorry....left that detail out! :(

Jennifer said...

Tell Mitch congrats from us here is SD. And I love the projest Sydney did. I'll have to remember that for things we might have to do here next year for Jr High.

JeNeale said...

Tell the kids they are awesome. I love it when some of our hard work with our kids pays off. Love the rice krispie sushi. I believe that is the only kind of sushi I could stomach!

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

What an remarkable family you have! Such a tribute to all your hard work as parents. Your mom and dad should be and I am sure are - very proud of all you have accomplished. They say you can't tell what kind of a parent you are until you see how your grandchildren turn out. Congratulations to you and both your parents!

theadventursofsidandlinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rayanna Hogg said...

Congrats to you kids that is soooo exciting! A job well done on your part to... MOM!

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

There really is NO greater joy than to see your children do well and find happiness.
It's so fun to see and hear the details. I LOVE THE BLOG!

MaRea Hess said...

That's amazing that he broke the record by 2". You just might have an Olympian on your hands in the next few years.

Melissa said...

I LOVE the sushi project, and congrats to Mitch on the record! Apples don't fall far from the tree...

Kristy said...

You do have some great kids ... that is because they have a great mom. Way to go.

Matt said...

Tell Mitch Good Job!!

I better get an invite to state next year. =)