Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Grateful...

I seem to be overwhelmed with feelings of "Grateful-ness" lately. I am not sure why...not sure if it is a trickle down effect of Girls Camp...being so grateful it went so well and had such a great spirit about it. Not sure if it is because we just celebrated Canada Day and 4th of July...I feel so very grateful to live in such a wonderful place where I am free to live as I choose and practice my religion as I choose...and dress how I choose!!! I also feel so grateful for having the childhood I did. It was soo wonderful to grow up in the middle of nowhere with miles to roam and run free and be naughty...and learn all kinds of things.

I have a friend who is trying SOOOO hard to adopt a baby girl right now...she was placed in their home and the birth mom wanted her back...and it has been a long process and they are getting her back hopefully in a day or two....but watching her and her sweet husband has made me more grateful for a birth mom who was willing to give me up and allow me the privilege of being raised by a Mom and a Dad who loved me and wanted me!!! (it was my Dad's bday yesterday so...probably where that one is coming from)

Also...grateful for being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints! I feel sooo blessed...and have such a rich heritage of forefathers who sacrificed so much for me...as a modern day pioneer! I am soo grateful to be able to enjoy the blessings of the Temple...both as an adopted child, and as a wife and mother! I am grateful for the peace and love I feel in the Temple as I learn and understand the purpose of coming to earth! I am grateful for covenants!!! And for how freeing they are!!!

I am also so very grateful for my lil family. I am soooo blessed to have such a wonderful hubby who supports me in all the crazy things I do...both church callings and otherwise! There have been times where I know he doesn't want to...but he helps me anyway. I am grateful for my 3 wonderful kids too. They are such great kids with such funny personalities...they are truly fun to be around (most of the time). They are so patient with me and forgiving as I learn how to be a mom. It is an ever evolving job and I am sure I will never get it right! Good thing they love me!!!

I guess I am grateful for just about everything right now....I think I will even be grateful for my bed...where I am ready to collapse in just a few minutes!!!

And I am grateful for YOU too, my like 3 blog readers who are loving and supportive friends!!! I tend to have tunnel vision alot of the time...and DEF could learn how to be a better friend. Love you all!!!!

12 comments:

Becca said...

Am I included in those three? I always read your blog! Even though I don't really leave comments I always look at it and read it. I have to have some credit for what I do!

Kristyn said...

great post. helps to remind me of the blessings I have in my life also. have a great day!!

JeNeale said...

It's definitely a time of year to be grateful, and you have reminded all three of us of some of the things we have to be grateful for. :) Thanks. I'm grateful for you, too.

JeNeale said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

you are so right I do have a funny personality a really weird one!!!! I get it from my father ......right???

Marisa said...

I loved your post -- it's good to be reminded we're really blessed, especially on days when I'm in complaining over silly things like legos all over the floor and apple-juice-slushy-concoction-gone-wrong in the freezer.

It was so fun to read about girls camp. I had so much fun when I went last time and it just made me almost wish I were there! It looks like you guys did a great job!

(p.s. I agree with you about the birth-mom perspective. What a blessing!)

Kristy said...

You are a ver wise woman. It is important to remember what we are grateful for. Seems to be something I need to focus on as of late.

Deanna Quinton Larson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deanna Quinton Larson said...

I can't type today so had to delete the first comment! LOL!! What a great post!
I love the title of your blog and the "country" bit. Ain't it true? I don't know if I'll ever be citified!

Lyndsey said...

Hey Lynette thanks for your comments on my blog. Ya Matt was not to impressed with the picture I put up of him but I thought that it was funny. We will not be down in a week but I am sure the Nelsons would be up for some fun, they always are.
I loved reading about the things you are greatful for sometimes we take way to many things for granted and we don't realize it until it is gone or in jeopardy. Thanks Later

Tolmans said...

Lynette- I FOUND YOUR BLOG!!! How fun is that... I have to say I will probably be blog-stocking you now and enjoying ever minute of it. I really just love you to death!!!

Sarah Tolman

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

Lynette, thank you for being courageous enough to be honest and genuine in your feelings. I was especially grateful to hear your appreciation for a mother who loved you enough to allow you to be adopted and for parents who wanted you. I have two little adopted grand daughters and I hope they feel like you do when they grow up and are old enough to realize how blessed they were to have a mother who loved them enough to want them to have what she couldn't give them and for a family who wanted them enough to sacrifice whatever they had to in order to get them.

You are greatly blessed in every aspect of your life and it always feels so good to acknowledge it, celebrate it and share it. Thank you!