Sunday, August 31, 2008

mmmmm, hello and where have you been all my life?

Since I know you all have been working on your "Boogie Bodies", please make yourself a treat!!! Love ya!!!


Perfectly Peanutty! stole from the "Bakerella blog" I like to visit!

Pretty, peanut butter cookies with just five ingredients:1 cup peanut butter1/2 cup sugar1 egg4 oz. Baker's semi-sweet chocolate, melted1/2 cup finely chopped peanutsThat's my kind of recipe!
Preheat oven to 325. Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg until well blended.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Remove and roll mixture into 18 balls.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
Flatten each ball by using a fork to make a criss-cross pattern.

Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then cool completely on a wire rack.

Melt chocolate.
Dip one end of cookie into melted chocolate and then dip into chopped peanuts. Repeat with other side.
Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
And enjoy!

14 comments:

Mitch said...

when are you going to make those for us

Rita said...

I am soooo making these today. Diet be damned. (Oh sorry, this is a family site, huh?!) I think I'm going to make them kind of small and dip 1/2 of the cookie instead of 2 sides. If they turn out pretty, I'll send you a picture...and a bill for this month's Weight Watchers fee ;-)

SILLYA said...

Sounds GREAT! thanks for sharing!

Dina said...

I gained 3 lbs just by looking at those, and my mouth is just watering...yum.

Melissa said...

I love Mitch's comment! :) Those look scrumptious and I'm lovin' how easy they are!

Shandy said...

ummm... my mouth is totally watering! so I had to go and rummage through my cupboards and you know what the closest "munchy" thing I could find was?.... RICE CAKES!:(
so here I sit, crunching on my dry, little clumps of puffed rice with those delectable cookies staring at me through cyberspace!

Jacqueline Marie said...

so YUMMY!!!!!!!! sorry i couldnt get you a discount at boondocks tonight! we will have to go for family night sometime yours and my family!!

Jennifer said...

Those are going to be the cookies I make for my Cookie Exchange party that I'm having in Oct. Easy, different and very yummy! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

WE MADE THEM AND THEY WERE DELISIOUS!!!!! I LOVE THEM IT IS LIKE EATING PENUT BUTTER PLAIN IT IS SO GOOD!!!

Roe Family said...

These look too good!!! If I was a fan of peanut butter i'd be all over them.

The Bullknitter said...

I love bakerella's blog too! Isn't that bizarre?

Anonymous said...

Hey you!! Bonnie just helped me set up a blog. . .just thought I would let you know. Maybe you can help me, too!! I love your guts

The Legg Fam said...

They look great. I will have to try them out!!

Jenn~ said...

I'm drooling. I wonder how many points these things are???