Monday, December 1, 2008

Holy December Batman!!!

Can you believe it is December already? Wow...like where did the year go already! I am guilty of serious blog neglect. I think it is a federal crime I know!!! But...hey I am here now so, upward and onward!!!!


November in review....

Twilight. LOVED it. Went in with fair to partly cloudy expectations and came out pretty surprised! I thought it followed the book pretty well, maybe a little choppy but all in all I liked at alot! I took my darling sweet daughter Sydney who is 13 and has read Twilight more times than she has read the Book of Mormon (sad but true what can I say). We bought tickets to go at midnight and once again I expected it to be a mad house and it was not too bad. We had a lot of fun and DEF some Mother/Daughter bonding time. She LOVED the movie more than air I think...she loves Edward and Emmett and Jasper, ok...she loved them all. It was fun to watch her and all the others like her (13-16 year old girls) getting all giddy and squealing when Edward came on screen for the first time! Made me giggle and reminded me of my youth and my deep unchanging and devout love for Donny Osmond! Yes...I had a poster of him and Marie on my wall and Marie had holes all over her face from where I threw darts at her! Ok...maybe I needed some counseling but at least I am being honest now right? All in all...it was a fun night and a fun movie!!!

Also in November. Mitch turned 16. Ok...how in the H. E. double hockeysticks did I become old enough to have a 16 year old??? I don't get it...last I remember I was like 20. Seriously!!! Argh. Oh well...he is a great kid and we had planned on having a ginormous party with everyone and their dog...doing all kinds of crazy things for the big 16 year old celebration party. About 2 weeks before his bday he asked if he could invite just a few 5-6 friends over to our place and play video games....ahhh, hello??? YES!!! Way easier and cheaper!!! Thought that was all a go...until. About 1 week before his bday, he comes into my bedroom pretty late at night and proposes a new plan? Yikes a 16 year old with a plan...I was sure involved a new car and the answer would be NO!!!! For sure! Anyway...he gets all serious and says..."Mom....I have been thinking. What if instead of a bday party, I ask a girl on a date and you and dad take my date and I on a date...to you know...show me the ropes on how a date should go?" I was like....uh.....YES!!! What a FAB idea. Sometimes that kid really does have a brain!!! So...that is what we did and it was really fun! Took his sweet date (Jacqueline Bauer) and him to PF Changs (super yummy) for dinner and then came back here and watched Kung Fu Panda with all the family. What a super fun first date idea! We had a blast, the rest of the family had a blast...and I hope he and Jacqueline did too! How grown up is that! I think it will become a tradition with the other kids too now! Very fun idea!!!!






Also in November...football ended YAHOO!!! And basketball began...sniff sniff...back to running again. Mitch made the Sophomore team. We were kinda hoping for JV...but all his buds made the SO team too and their coach is a super rock star. So...it should be a great year! Yahoo!!! First game is tomorrow so we'll see how that goes! Wish them luck!!!

Also...in November. My folks stopped on their way home from the Senior Pro Rodeo finals in Winnemuca to spend a weekend with us. I never get them for longer than 36 hours...so we just enjoy the time whilst they are here! :) He had an early Christmas with them which was alot of fun...who doesn't like early presents!!! And...I got to put my trees up! Yahoo!!!! I could leave them up all year round for reals! LOVE THEM!!! Soo...here were are on Dec 1 and my trees have been up for one whole month! Hehehehe. Love it!!!

November was a great month, and now that I see how fun it was I feel bad for not blogging more about it! Oh well...I will try and do better!
Also...I found this super cute lil antique rocking chair on Craigslist and got it for...are you ready??? $35 bucks! What a steal. I LOVE IT!!! And it loves me!!!


Merry December to all!!! Hope your Christmas plans are all ready and you are ready for a fun relaxing holiday season! I know I am!!!

18 comments:

Lori said...

How fun to go on your own boy's first "date!" Yikes, I'm not sure I would have asked my parents to go with me, but I think it's awesome that he knows you are the biggest stud ever and that he could ask that of you and have you be more than willing to go! What a fun mom. Happy Birthday Mitch!

Deanna Quinton Larson said...

Wow! That was a lot in one post. Serious blog neglect my dear. ;) LOL! I love that your son asked you to go on his first date. What great parents you must be. Glad your parents stopped in. I love any excuse to decorate early. Christmas is my favorite, especially up here so that the lights are on way earlier in the day. Have fun with all the run up to Christmas!

Rita said...

FINALLY a post!! (I'm one to talk. I need to do mine too!)

Sounds like you had a great month.

What a great kid to want to go on a date with his parents. It made me a little misty. How fun.

My mom and dad are always in-and-out when they are here. My dad can't stand to be away from the farm too long. Crazy. I'm glad it gave you an excuse to put up Christmas. I still want to do it right after Halloween every year just like my mom but this dang AMERICAN late Thanksgiving!

LOVE the chair. Good shoppin'!

Glad you liked Twilight. I'm going to be going on a mom-son date with my oldest who read it (and didn't like it but will do anything for promise of a popcorn and soda).

Glad you're back :)

Alli said...

Are you serious!? Donny Osmond!? Joel and I were both laughing. Jacqueline raved about her date with Mitch - she was definitely on cloud nine. Normally, I would say yikes to a date with the parents but when she told me it was you and Randy - I knew she'd have a great time :-)!!!

Lynette said...

Uh ya!!! Donny Osmond was a hottie!!! I think I even have a picture of my poster somewhere...have to see if I can find it!

Shandy said...

ahhhh... that is sooooooo sweet of Mitch's b-day plan! I'm getting choked up (and I dont' even know why!! LOL)
I can't beleive he's that old either!
loved hearing all of the updates! now don't keep us high and dry for the next month!

The Bullknitter said...

Yeah, you might want to check out some counselling - Marie is his SISTER! Needn't be jealous. Can't believe how old you are. (Hehehe, right back atcha, Jac). Funny post - love the date thing. Surprised/shocked that he would suggest it, but love that he did and that you all had fun.

JeNeale said...

Sounds like a great first date for Mitch and a fun night for all. Glad to see you up and running again in blog world. I'm jealous that you've had your trees up for a month. I think I'll do that next year. Three weeks just isn't enough time to enjoy them, let alone the fact that it's way too much work to leave up less than a month! Have a great Christmas season!

Roe Family said...

Wow first date!! And with mom and dad. What an awesome kid!! And he's going to be a stud on top of all of that. Hope you have a great Christmas!!

The Legg Fam said...

I think the date idea was Great !!!
I am sure you all had a wonderful time. I am working on my tree, but have mercy I just can't seem to get it all done. I have an idea, you come over and finish my tree for me. You know , yours are up already, you should have plenty of time to come do mine ( he, he)

Melissa said...

First of all...great find with the rocking chair~love it! I cannot believe Mitch is 16 and he is blasted going on dates! What a good kid though and a perfect first date. I'm so glad you got to spend time with your parents and wish I could drop by and just sit amongst your Christmas decorations and catch up. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

MOTHER WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DONING TYPEING HE DOUBLE HOCKY STICKS!! I AM A SHAMED!! just kidding!! yeah i too agree the date was really fun on my part and I love Kung Fu Panda!!! my fave part is when he says"There is no charge for awesomeness or atractness) IT IS AMAZING!!!!so yeah i am so proud that you finally got around to a post I am just THIRLLED!! yeah!!

Tootaloo
(2-ta-LU)

Mitch said...

well all of you are just soooo nice and yes I am really 16!!!

I have waited my whole life to date and now the power is mine, all of it at my fingertips and the phone!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Atkin Family said...

Aww, that's such a great story about your son. My eldest is just entering the teens -- and I feel like I've lost him for a few years -- so I'm yearning for the 15+ age when they aren't soooo hormonal. Glad to get an update on your life, and yess, it has been a while!! Quincey

Jacqueline Marie said...

It was a fun date!! i had a great time!!

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

Loved hearing about Mitches first date, It a big step......for a parent. Sounds like a real success...a parental one!!!!!
Merry Christmas.

Alli said...

Where are you my friend - I haven't seen you lurking on my blog lately - tee hee!

Heather Leigh said...

What a GREAT idea for a first date...that and his choice of dates just show what a smart and wonderful kiddo he is! Congrats on having a 16 year old... Kenz will be 15 in May...I am not ready. So...keep those posts coming, I'll be watching for advice!