Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I've been Tagged....

10 years ago: We were living in Maple Valley Washington, Randy was working for King County...I had two kids...Mitch was 6 and Sydney was 3. I had my own business doing the flowers for weddings, which I did from home. Had my own floral cooler and everything. Probably did 4-8 a month. Crazy!!! Sydney was just diagnosed with Celiac Disease....and so was I not long after her. So..we began doing everything "gluten free" Mitch was in Kindergarten. Yikes... I feel soo old all of a sudden!!!

Things on my to-do list today:

1. Go to "Purse" onal enrichment. Mother and Daughter enrichment. Should be interesting!
2. Figure out what Laurie and I are going to do for supper at our Laurel camp out this weekend on Friday night. Fun fun! Any easy ideas???
3. Read another chapter of The BFG to Tyler....stand for the big friendly giant...very cute book
4. Finish reading about Edward....book three...I am dying to know what is going to happen!!!
5. Get some packages ready to mail...one to my Mom and one to my Bro in Korea. ARGH!


What would I do if I were suddenly made a billionaire: Pay off all my debt...and build a sweet house on our property!!! Pay off my parents bills and get them set up to retire. Pay off my inlaws Parma Company loan so they could retire!! Go and travel. Especially to Korea to visit my Brother and his family! Buy a NEW suburban...mine sucks!!! I am ready for a new one!


3 of my bad habits:

1. I love reading on the internet....blogs, newspapers and obituaries! Takes up alot of time!!! But it is fun!!!
2. I love chocolate and Diet Coke (caff free of course) for breakfast. It is such a bad habit!
3. I am very hard on myself. I cut other people lots of slack...but not myself!!!

3 places I have lived:

1. Cardston Alberta Canada
2. Rexburg, Idaho
3. Maple Valley Washington

5 jobs I have had:

1. Stall cleaner at a place called "Universal Semen Services" I will let you do the math!
2. Tour Guide at a place that housed restored carriages....horse drawn vehicles! Very cool!
3. worked for the Dean of Student Special Services at BSU...and my boss called me Damcanuk. He thought it was funny. So...that is where my email addy came from.
4. Worked in a ladies basement...kinda like a sweat shop...assembling floral arrangements that she sold as hers in a store in the Boise Town Square. When she could not pay me...I demanded she give me her scroll saw...which she did...and I quit!!!
5. Professional Decorator for a company in Utah...decorated Christmas Tree's professionally and for a lot of very prominent people in the church! Cool job! I also made A LOT of things that were used when Salt Lake city was making their bid for the Olympics...they liked my "rustic" style...and I spent a ton of time doing that. So...I like to give myself credit for Salt Lake City earning the Olympic Games!!!


5 things people don't know about me:

1. I only see out of one of my eyes!!!
2. I am adopted and found my birth mom in 1995.
3. I hardly smell anything cuz I broke my nose playing softball when I was 15
4. I still hold the record at my elementary school for the fastest rope climb
5. I know how to barrel race, team rope and break away rope!!!

I tag.....Laurie, JeNeale, and Kristy Grabo!!! So there!!!

6 comments:

JeNeale said...

It occurs to me that I was so excited to post my tag that I forgot to comment on yours! It is amazing the things we don't know about people we thought we knew pretty well--like you don't see or smell well. Who knew? This was fun. Love ya!

Melissa said...

how did I miss that you can only see out of one eye? I'm guessing you were talking about the Remington carriage house, I laugh when I remember that you and my mom are kindred obituary readers, I'm so glad you're loving the Twilight books~let me know when you're finished!! And I love the BFG too~anything Roald Dahl is awesome. So fun to read!

Jennifer said...

Your in love with Edward too?!?! Book 4 can't come soon enough!

Mama Runner Parker said...

Your tag was fun to read as I didn't know a lot of that stuff--how neat! YOu've done a lot of really cool stuff.

Marisa said...

Lynette, Hi! I have never read your blog (sometimes I feel like I'm stalking people if I'm reading their blog and they don't know it...but, hello, it's on the Internet...). Anyway, it's a great blog -- and befitting someone with so much creativity -- really cute!

I didn't know you were adopted or that your brother lives in Korea. What is he doing there? I'm so curious about both those things and would love to hear more!

Sounds like JeNeale needs to coordinate lunch... :)

Lynette said...

Ya...I know about the stalker feeling....I have been reading your blog forever...hehehehe!

Yes..I am adopted...and yes I have a bro living in Pusan. He served his mission over there...and returned many years later to teach English and married a Korean Gal so now he will probably never move home. He has two kids...they are soo cute!!!

But yes...lets do lunch and we can share adoption stories!!!!