Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Eh!!! For all you Americans who thought you had the edge on the "Columbus Day" holiday...Guess what!!! You don't! It is actually Canadian Thanksgiving today! Pretty sweet!!! And since we have an Elder...Elder Gwilliam serving here who is from Alberta in real life, we decided to go all out today! We had a full blown thanksgiving dinner! And it was FAB!!! Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, sweet pa-taters, salad, fresh baked rolls, gravy...and pumpkin dessert! We all got VERY full and it was heavenly! Then we went outside and hit golf balls into the mint field with the baseball bat! Tres magnific!!! It was very fun! Sent Elder Gwilliam and Elder Shuler home with a ginormous serving of leftovers for later!


Also....today is Randy's FAVORITE holiday of the year. I know, many of you have other fav's....like Christmas (my personal FAV), Halloween, maybe even Easter! But no...my sweety LOVES Columbus Day. Why you ask???? Well, let me tell you. He LOVES this day because as a State of Idaho employee he get today off! It is October's holiday! Wahoo!!! And to cap it off, the kidlets have to go to school, as it is NOT a school holiday! So...he gets a nice quiet peaceful day at home. He spent the day working on his boat seats! They are turning out pretty good. I will post a pic when they are all done. Trust me...if you haven't seen his boat...don't get your hopes up! It is a real winner winner chicken dinner! But he loves it. So, I guess that is all that matters!


Ahhhh, thank goodness for great days like today!
Hope all my fellow Canucks...or Canuck wanna-be's had a GREAT day too!!!
XOXOXOXO


10 comments:

Shandy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
your dinner menu had me salivating! sure beat my toast and honey for dinner - LOL
glad Randy enjoyed his favorite day of the year :)

Kristy said...

I am not sure I can wait for my Thanksgiving dinner now! That sounds so fun and mmm..good!

I think that if I were Randy, that would be my favorite holiday also...peaceful!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Shandy- sounds better than our quick quesadillas (can you say Napoleon- or however you spell that)I also loved Columbus day- Danny took the day off, too!
And I once again, am grateful for your example with those sweet missionaries!! I hope there are peoples like you where my boys go for their missions!! Love ya!

Rita said...

What a great girl to provide dinner for a starving Canadian missionary! Sounds yummy!

Also, it sounds like your spirits are up a little. I hope so. You're a honey.

Jennifer said...

Tell Randy he better stay in Idaho. Here schools are out too!

The Bullknitter said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lynette. Isn't everyone down there a Canuck-wannabe? Canadians are the most well-liked people in the world. And we're humble too.

Melissa said...

Okay, we really need to see pictures of the boat! I miss the updates of that beauty~we're glad he had a fabulous day off. I have a little maple leaf plate I bring out for fall that I think of you whenever I see~I was even thinking of spray painting it red and sending it to you! :) I miss your cooking~happy late thanksgiving!

Tolmans said...

I want some leftovers TOO!! I am sarving now....

The Legg Fam said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Sounds like a great time. How about sharing.Glad to hear Randy had such a fun day.

Brad and Colleen said...

Lynette, I thought of you on Thanksgiving (canadian) You are so good to make the whole dinner. I wanted to for Brad but he was so busy he said don't go to all the trouble, when we will have one next month....I think he is losing a little Canadian in him. :) We want to see Randy's new boat, that is very exciting.