Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's the most wonderful time....of the year!!!!



It is my favorite day of the year. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and Easter...I sometimes even like my birthday and Mother's Day...but today, today is the mack daddy most special day for Mom's all across the valley here! You see...it is the first day of school. I know I can't be alone in my sentiment. Don't get me wrong...I love my kids...absolutely adore them. Love hanging out with them...and doing all kids of fun stuff with them. Loved sleeping in all summer long. But all good things must come to an end for the children! And I am sooo glad to have them back in school.


It will mean the running is cut in half!!! Sure it means getting up early and making lunches everyday...and doing homework every night from you on! But the trade off is soo worth having some peace and quiet during the day! YAHOOO!!!!


They were actually pretty excited to go today! And they should be....talk about cute new school clothes and all. I have a tradition of taking a picture of my kids on the first day of school and it is amazing how much they have grown.



Mitch especially. Guess that is what happens when you start High School. He is going to be playing freshman football this year and is pretty excited about that. Also he gets to start Seminary, and is excited about that too! I just can't believe he is getting so tall and old....makes me realize we will be sending him on a mission in the very near future! Sniff sniff!!!











Sydney starts Middle School today. She is in the 7th grade and is sooo very excited cuz she made the "A" team for Volleyball this year. It will be such a great experience for her I am excited too! She also gets to be an office aide and help her friend Tess at the office for the middle school. She is a sweet lady and I am glad Sydney gets to work with her! She is looking soo grown up too! ARGH!








Tyler is starting the 2nd Grade. He was a little nervous about going today...but still super excited. If that is possible. They re-did the Elementary School boundaries in our District and we got kicked out of a elementary school that we loved....one that I have put many hours and $$$ into. Oh well...so much for loyalty! He was excited in spite of the changes...and just ready to get back into the routine of things I know! He will do must fine....it is me that I am worried about!





Bottom line....we are all glad that school is back in session!!! It will be a fun night hearing all about it from each of my awesome kids!!!!

1 comments:

Laurie Nelson said...

Cute pictures! My kids won't stand still long enough for me to do that anymore. I hope they all had a great day. I echo your sentiments exactly.