Saturday, September 8, 2007

I am DONE!!!

If I see another peach in the near future!!! I just might run away!!!

And I mean that seriously!!!

We picked peaches at the church orchard on Monday...we ended up being able to "glean" after the initial picking for the cannery had happened! We picked 5 bushels...and got them for free! :)

At the time...sounded delightful!

Now...not so much!

I ended up freezing close to 30 gallons (maybe more...I quit counting) Very peachiness!
I made 5 batches of peach jam! Extra yumminess!!!
And canned 20 quarts that I am going to give to a friend! (that shall remain a secret cuz she doesn't know yet) :) And I don't want to ruin the surprise!

Besides that we picked blackberries on Monday too...like 5 gallons! So I made 6 batches of blackberry jam! Extra extra yumminess!!!!

So...I am ready for a break from canning! I know it will be good in the months to come. But I feel all sugary and jammy up to my ear-bones!

Seriously!

Phew!!!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I want some peaches! Can you send them? Waaaaaaaaaaa
I love your blog~it will be so fun watching the Parker family from Texas! Miss you!