Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Sydney's first game

Sadly...Sydney's first volleyball game at Sage Middle School did not go very good! They lost to Mountain Home! She played super great and she is quit the little setter! I was soo proud of her and how she rallied her team mates even when they were loosing! The other team would just bump it right over the net and her team set up each ball. Bump, set, spike! Some of them were not quit spikes....but they have the right idea!

She was disappointed about loosing but I explained that it will pay off when she is playing in High School! Her coaches will be so grateful that she understands the importance of setting up the ball to score!

She only had one chance to serve as she was only playing the front row...but the one chance she had was after they had dug a pretty deep hole and she really over-thought the process and missed! She was sad....but it is only her first game EVER! So, I think she did GREAT!

I am soo proud of her!

She has so much more guts that I did at that age...probably more guts than I have now!

It will be a fun season watching how much they are learning and growing as a team. And to watch how much she learns and gains more confidence!!!

I took my camera...and forgot to take pictures. I am not a very good mother today!

I will work on improving! I promise!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Go Sydney! That is awesome. She will be a great volleyball player by the time she gets to high school!

Corinna said...

Sorry to hear her the game didn't go so well... next time!

Great now look to your place in space!