Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Stake Youth Activity!!

Phew...it is over! It was fun and we had a TON of kids there. The Young Women leaders were in charge of the food (surprise surprise) and the Young Men planned the activities!!!

For dinner we had hamburgers, corn on the cob, chips, macaroni salad, potato salad, homemade root beer and ice cream bars for dessert! It was sooo yummy!

We probably had between 250-300 show up. It had been rainy and nasty all day long...but by 6:00 pm the clouds broke and it actually was pretty nice out...and we were able to have our party outside after all!!!

Jared Ricks and the Young Men's group planned the activities...which were a hit. They had four-square, kickball, football, basketball, and a joust thingee....the kids LOVED it! There were happy smiling kids running everywhere! They all went home full, sweaty and tired! I bet their parents loved us!!!

It turned out FAB!!! And the best part of the whole activity...is that it is over! It was fun...but I am tired and ready for bed!

The most exciting news of all...I got a new presidency!!! I am soo excited about the group of women I have working with me!!! They were called last week and sustained just on Sunday. Laurie Nelson is my new 1st Counselor, Tara Pugmire is my new 2nd Counselor, I kept Kris Woodruff as my Secretary and Jennifer Tolman as my Stake Camp Director and I called Greta Summers as my light leader (she is called specifically called to work with the 16 and 17 year old girls....as a leadership training) They are all super talented girls and I am soooo glad they all accepted and are excited to be serving in this way! It will be GREAT!!!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

It sounds like you are keeping busy and that things are going well. I am glad that your activity went well and that you had a great turn out. You are an amazing leader. Good job!! Congrats on your new presidency.

Shandy said...

dude! your presidency sounds like a dream team!!! awesome! so glad the activity went well and that the weather cooperated :)
chat soon :)