Monday, October 22, 2007

Sad News

I got a phone call late last night from a friend in Maple Valley Washington . She was calling to inform me of a lil gal I knew while we lived there...had passed away. She was one of the young women in our ward and I worked many hours with her....she had a pretty hard life!

Anyway...just shortly after she graduated from HS she was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer and has been fighting it fiercely since then. Gone through MULTIPLE rounds of chemo and radiation....she has been soooo sick for years. Well, she passed away on Thursday and her funeral was today. I was heartbroken. Flights were $250 and I could not afford to go...so I am moping around the house today. Feeling so sad I was unable to go and help mourn her passing...and tell her Mom...how much I truly loved this young lady! She was dealt a tough card in life...and she rose above it! Her name is Krista and I am going to miss her!!!

1 comments:

Kristy said...

Ohhhhh Lynette, I am so sorry. I really hate this cancer stuff. It isn't fair at all. Please know that my heart is with you and her family.