Sunday, July 8, 2007

YO Mama!!!!



I have been thinking alot lately...about my Mom! I am sooo blessed to have such a wonderful, caring, fun-loving, God-fearing, mother who is sooo willing to serve in the church and do whatever she is asked! Her testimony is so strong, and I leaned on it for many years while I worked and studied and grew my own! She was so fun to grow up with...besides the usual mom blow-ups...mostly the normal hormone induced fits of rage! Never brought on by my mis-behaving that is for sure!!!

Like the time she sent me to town with my Dad to get some groceries while she stayed home. She needed raspberry kool-aid for some recipe for some crazy church thing...welst...I was about 10 and "ACCIDENTALLY" grabbed strawberry flavoured instead. Un-b' knowst to me of course!

Well, she was not pleased! And upon returning home to the ranch...she promptly made me return to town...via my bike....to get the correct flavour. Oh...did I mention that we lived 7 miles out of town???? On a very hilly gravel road?

Maybe a little extreme for a 10 year old...ya think? Anywho....I was way smarter than her. I rode just past the first hill...out of site from the house and then laid my bike down on the side of the road and laid there pretending to be hurt. Hehehehe. Just waited till the next person drove by and when they stopped to see if I was ok...I asked them to give me a ride to town.

I got the Kool-aid and then sweet-talked my loving Grandpa Reeder into giving me a ride home. He did and he also gave my mother a lecture on proper discipline techniques!

Still makes me giggle to this day! Well...she got her right flavour of Kool-aid after all...don't feel bad for her, this blog is about me remember!!! Ok..just kidding!

My life is filled with memories like this! What a great Mom! She is such a wonderful example to me...she is so kind and loving with my kids...and I think she genuinely likes them! Might come as a shock to those of you who know my kids! She always makes them feel special...and allows them to do things like snack between meals, and stay up till midnight...you know...stuff their mother never lets them do! It always takes me a good week to get them "tuned-up" after we get home from visiting! But...it is worth it....I am sooo very glad they have had the chance to get to know her!

It was touch and go a few years back. She had an emergency hysterectomy which was followed by pretty radical chemo and radiation to treat the Uterine Cancer that had spread through and outside her Uterus! It was such a scary time for all of us....we didn't know if she would make it through. She even wondered at times. I guess that experience has made me appreciate her all the more! I will never take her for granted!!! She is sooo wonderful!!!!







1 comments:

Corinna said...

ok, how sweet is this about your Mom. I love how you have introduced the people in your life. They are so very lucky to have you too.