Tuesday, July 10, 2007

SUMMER SWIMMING

It was so hot today we decided to go to Lake Lowell and do some swimming! The kids had fun just paddling around and jumping off of the dock. Tyler would not jump for the longest time...I could tell he wanted to, but he was toooo afraid! So I went out onto the dock in the guise of taking pictures and asked Mitch if he was brave enough to swim under the dock. Of course he was!!! As he was doing so, I told Tyler to walk up to the edge and watch for Mitch to re-surface! Then, being the mean mom that I am....I pushed him in!



Before you get all angry at me...look at the picture...he had a life-jacket on.



He was pretty ticked off cuz I didn't warn him....ya right. He would have ran away. Anyway....he didn't have a chance to take a breath and plug his nose so he was ticked. But only for about 1 minute. He realized he had lived and it was actually kinda fun...so then he was a jumping fool! I could not keep him from jumping! He had a blast though...so I feel better on the inside for having just abused his trust! hehehe....insert evil mom laughter!

We spent about 2 hours out there....the kids swam and I sat in the shade and read! I know, I am a party pooper...but I don't like the heat! I would love to be tan...but not enough to sit in the sun! So there!

Got home and Randy, Mitch and Ben went on a 15 mile bike ride. They are trying to finish up their cycling merit badge for scouts. They had to complete two five milers, two 15 milers, two 25 milers and one 50 miler. The boys had missed a 15 and a 25 due to a soccer game...but had completed the rest...so the 15 they finished tonight..and the 25...maybe this weekend. We'll see. They are pretty excited at the prospect of finishing a big merit badge like that one! Pretty cool...I am proud of them!!!






1 comments:

Corinna said...

Ah the joys of summer. How fun.
Great pictures... again.