Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tyler my farm boy

so for the last 4-5 days I have been unable to add a title to my posts...for whatever reason it is fixed now! Yahoo!!!

I love this picture of Tyler. I took it last summer on a visit up to the ranch! I love the colouring, I love his expression, I love the dimple under his eye...and I love how bare foot and dirty he is! Love it!!! It is soooo good to go to the ranch and be able to relax and let the kids play outside and not have the worries I do when they play outside here. Maybe I am a little over-protective...but I don't want to ever have "regrets" about letting them go out without someone watching out for them! They are kids...totally trusting of everyone and pretty protected really when it comes to the world. I don't know what I would do if something ever happened to them that could have been avoided by something I did or didn't do. That is a lot of pressure to put on myself I know...but hey, I am the Mom!

Anyway, back to Tyler. I love how fun loving and silly he is! There is no doubt, he is the one in our family who keeps everyone laughing! And it is more than his his funny personality! He has been blessed with some pretty amazing talents! He is so tough!!! Seriously, that kid...you have to about beat him to death to make him feel pain. He is physically very strong and huge for his age! Came that way too....he was almost 10 pounds when he was born...it was more like taking care of a 2-year old than a newborn. Anyway....he took karate last year and I worried...cuz he doesn't realize how big and strong he is...he's only 7 after all! But.....karate was soo good for him, the discipline side of it was GREAT! He learned to respect his instructors and his team mates! Besides being physically strong...he is such a softie on the inside. Just a big ole teddy bear...he can have the saddest feelings if he knows he hurt some one's feelers!!! And those blue eyes are sooo good at producing huge very sad tears! He is soooo soft hearted!!! Loves all animals and especially loves his brother and sister!!!

He is a great supporter of is siblings. He has always been the tag-a-long kid. Seems like he has been drug everywhere since he was a baby. Guess that is what happens when you are the caboose! Even when he was a newborn and we were living in Seattle....Mitch was playing soccer and most of his games where in the rain....and along he came....huge umbrella and diaper bag in tow! I have been trying lately to get him into more sports and activities for him...and let the other two kids follow him around for a change! Would be good for all three of them!

Lastly...he is a very gifted musician! Something I didn't even realize about him. Being a boy...quite honestly I might never have know. Thank goodness for his good friend Ben Fife who on an afternoon playing...introduced him to his new musical medium! He could do an entire concert on his own....with a very vast array of music. Probably even play requests!!!! His repertoire is endless! His instrument of choice you ask???? Arm pit farting! And he is good...let me tell you! Very talented! And choices the most appropriate times to share his god-given gift! Yet another reason to love him. He always takes the edge off!

He is such a great kid...smart, inquisitive, sensitive, silly, soft-hearted, arm pit farting, real life farting, can burp like no other, can play a storm around anyone, stands out in a crowd, colours outside the lines, loves his bike, doesn't care if his clothes match, isn't afraid of hardly anything, loves his mama, doesn't get taken advantage of, sooo dang loving it hurts, loves pokeman! No wonder I love him the way I do!!!












3 comments:

Shandy said...

and just think -- this is the same little boy who poured out a whole bag of sugar onto the floor and THEN sprayed water on it! LOL -- that one still makes me laugh!
Haven't been around him much, but he sounds like a little gem!!

Lynette said...

Yes he is truly a gem!!! Very inquisitive kid!!!

Corinna said...

I couldn't add title either? Glad it is fixed now.

Your son sounds so sweet. Love the picture, love how you have described his gentle nature...

Now I wanna see the pictures of the spilt sugar. (wink wink)

Boys will be boys.