Monday, July 30, 2007

Crappy Sunday!

Well, today started of good...but didn't' stay that way for long! We had to be at the church early as Bishop Thurgood wanted to meet with us...well more meet with Randy and I was invited to attend! He was asked to serve at the 1st counselor in the YM Presidency in our ward. He is already a ward missionary...and they are not releasing him from that...so he will be a busy man!



Anyway, we get into Sacrament meeting and get him all sustained and such and head into the sacrament time. Mitch is a teacher so his job is to usher at the main doors into the chapel. Something he has done many times before. No big!



So....halfway through the bread being passed around...we hear this HUGE crash...and I mean super loud. I turned to Randy and said....."Sheesh...that was loud"....and said something to Sydney...and went right back to reading my scriptures...I was deep into my reading. A minute or two later, I turn to say something to Randy...and he is gone. So of course turn to see where he has gone...and I see a big group of people standing at the back of the chapel. I soon realize it is Mitch. I get up and go back to the door...where they have must moved Mitch into the foyer. Turns out, he had a seizure and hit the ground extremely hard...causing the huge crashing noise.



He looked HORRIBLE!!! I mean...really bad. Very grey...and I don't mean a nice heather grey....but that horrid...dead gray. He was pretty unresponsive and pretty dis-oriented...not good. We had a few people out there helping us, and a member of the Bishopric even came down off the stand to help. We decided a trip to the ER was needed. So Brother Sharp from the Bishopric and Randy gave Mitch blessing and I went back into the chapel and got Sydney and Tyler and we left to go to the ER. Took the littler kids home and Randy and I headed in.



They got us checked in super quick....guess teenager having a seizure bumps you up above sprains, rashes and spider bites! They got him settled and did lots of blood pressure monitoring...hydro-static blood pressure tests...they did an EKG...and lots of lab work. They did some neurological tests....just a few. All the labs came back good....good blood sugars, maybe a little low on electrolytes..but nothing for alarm. His EKG was normal and the hydrostatic blood tests showed nothing to panic over. They were not able to tell us why he had a seizure and have asked us to follow up with a pediatric neurologist asap. I will call first thing in the am. See what they have to say! We got home from the ER around 3:00 or soo....maybe 3:30.



I am very hopeful it was a random event...and not a new thing to worry about all the time. It was pretty scary...and not really something I want to do over again! Poor kids...he has had a rough summer. His emotions were catching up with him tonight...I heard him sobbing in his bedroom around midnight...and went in and had a visit with him. I feel so bad. Today was not something he had any control over...but the quad accident and the mishap at scout camp...he probably could have controlled the outcome a little bit. I am sure I will spend the entire night tonight...worrying as a mom...what I can do to make him feel better! He is feeling pretty darn crappy right now!!!



It is late...and my lunesta has officially hit....I think I can go to sleep now....at least for a lil while. I will post more details as we learn them. Cross your fingers with me that this is nothing serious!!!


On a happier note...Randy got home from San Diego and brought the kids goodies....this is what Randy brought Mitch. A Luchador mask. He was very excited and squealed and started prancing around the house...belting lines like...."nipple twist..." and "and-a-squeeze". He was very excited!!!




Love,

Me....a concerned Mommy!!!

1 comments:

Laurie Nelson said...

Oh my gosh! I just arrived home from vacation and read your blog. I am passing time until my CPAP arrives in the trailer that is about two hours behind us. I feel as if I were just kicked in the stomach. I pray for Mitch's sake that it was an unexplained, one-time event. I am so sorry that we weren't there to at least lend some moral support. I will call you in the a.m. to check up.